18 – 30 July 2022
Explore how to see, make and experience architecture.
This summer programme aims to enable secondary school students from Hong Kong and abroad to understand first-hand the joys and challenges of studying architecture. It provides an opportunity for enrolled students to unleash their creative potential through art, design and architecture.
During the programme, students will learn to see the significance of architecture through lectures offered by professors from the School of Architecture, and explore the fun of design making by transforming a concept into three-dimensional spaces, using both hand tools and computing software. Students will also experience architecture through guided field trips to significant buildings and professional architectural offices.
Over the course of the programme, enrolled students will be tutored to develop their individual design projects. Periodic “design reviews” are also scheduled for students to present their work and receive advice from faculty members and design professionals.
The combination of studio learning, workshops, lectures and field trips presents a unique introduction to different aspects of architectural practice today.
What will you explore?
- How a design is transformed from an initial concept into a built form for people to live, work and play in.
- How an architect translates a design from two-dimensional plans and sections into three-dimensional spaces.
- What hand tools are used to make such design transformations.
What do we offer?
- Lectures, workshops and design studios
- Manual and digital drawing and model-making skills
- Access to Design Studios, Digital Design Lab, Workshop and Architecture Library
- Guided tours of architectural offices
- Personal career counselling in architecture
- Senior secondary school students aged 16 years or above
- No prior art and design experience required
- For Mainland and international students who have to apply for study visa must be 18 years of age or above. (Note: AEP is not accepting Mainland / international students in 2022.)
Interested students can submit your application here.
Application deadline: 2 July 2022
Vaccine Pass for Campus Access
As the government has launched a Vaccine Pass Scheme, you will be required to present the Vaccine Pass for verification to show evidence of vaccination or exemption for medical reasons for campus access. From 31 May 2022 onwards, visitors must have received three doses of vaccine (if after 6 months from 2nd dose).
Please refer to https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/pdf/vp_t1_ENG.pdf for the new dosage schedule of the “Vaccine Pass” scheme.